Wednesdays, beginning August 12
Join us for either class – or both. Click on the class title for the Zoom access link.
- [Noon] The Odyssey of Saint Paul led by Pastor Beck (request handouts)
- [7 pm] Revelation led by Pastor Edwards (request handouts)
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Leave your offering in person at either the 9am (drive-in) or 5pm (indoor) service.
- Mail your offering to church (2200 S. High Street, Bloomington 47401).
- Download this form to set up automatic withdrawals.
- Is your LWML Mite Box bursting at the seams after all these months since our last collection? Drop off your container after the service on Sunday, and exchange it for an empty one. Questions? Contact the church office.
- Giving statements through the first two quarters of this year are available upon request and will be sent to the email or home address you specify.
News & Events
Welcome to Preschool!
Our preschool fall semester is in full swing after spending the summer preparing to reopen in compliance with new policies and procedures required by the CDC, Indiana State Social Services, Indiana State Department of Health, and our Indiana District of the LCMS. While some things look quite different from the past, our commitment to cultivating the spiritual, social emotional, intellectual and physical development of each child in a warm and loving Christ-centered environment remains as strong as ever. We thank God for all of our staff, children and families!
Registration is now open for this year’s Virtual (run or walk from home) Hoosiers Outrun Cancer. Fill out the registration form HERE, designating “Faith Lutheran Church” as the team you are participating with. Your materials will be mailed to you before the date of the race and you can register to donate even if you can’t run or walk. Deadline is August 30.
Besides providing food and necessary supplies to those in need, Pantry 279 seeks to provide a sense of hope to everyone who is served by the pantry. Serving over 3000 people per month it is the largest food pantry in Southern Indiana, yet still housed at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ellettsville (a very small space) with a staff made up of volunteers. Canned goods and pantry items may be brought to Faith on Sundays and will be delivered to Pantry 279. Swing through the lower canopy entrance after after the Drive-in service, or bring inside to the 5pm service. Cash and checks (payable to Pantry 279) will also be accepted, in support of their capital fund drive to help them relocate to a larger facility.
What do you do in the midst of a storm? The right answer is: Take cover! But sometimes cover isn’t enough. In today’s Gospel reading (Matthew 14:22-33) the disciples found themselves in a life threatening storm. Jesus said to them, “Take heart, It is I.”
As He was for the disciples, Jesus is for us. Jesus is our Protection and Refuge whenever we encounter life-threatening danger. He is Lord of wind and wave and of life and death. The world we live in tends to run for their own cover: drugs, alcohol, self-sufficiency. We have a Word to share with the world, and it is a gentle Word of Gospel: Take heart; trust in Jesus.
There is so much that threatens our security, but only one Lord and Savior in whom we can place our total confidence. Real storms or even seeing them on the news give us an opportunity to share the One in whom we “take heart” and the One who is truly Lord of all. Share your confidence in him.