Sunday School and Bible classes are scheduled to RESUME on February 6.
9:15am at Faith and
Meeting ID: 869 4050 8758
The Mighty & The Mysterious: A Study of Colossians sign up
February 6 – March 13
This video-based study will explore St. Paul’s Epistle to the church at Colossae, following a rubric crafted by Deaconess Heidi Goehmann and published by CPH.
What makes this study unique? Following our printed resource, individuals and families will have the opportunity to
- gather together in person on Sunday mornings for a video segment and time together in the Word, and
- then take their books home to read through a series of reflections throughout the week and further dive into Colossians.
Having read these reflections at home, we will reconvene on Sundays for more videos and group discussion.
Due to a generous Thrivent grant, Faith has an initial batch of 15 copies of the book available, and we have already ordered additional copies. Stop by the church office or pick one up in class on the 6th – one book per family, please.
Please sign up above by January 30 so we know if we should order more copies.
A free-will donation will be collected in class to help offset the cost of the additional books, so that everyone has access to one at home. Contact Pastor Beck with questions.
1st, 3rd & 5th TUESDAYS / 5pm
Join us for fellowship and discussion with other men from Faith, ULu, and beyond. Click for schedule and locations.
WEDNESDAYS January 12 – February 23
7pm – via Zoom
Christianity and the Arts Zoom link
Meeting ID: 850 7891 4962
- First and foremost: this is still a Bible Study!
- We will engage with various Biblical themes and stories and examine how they have been communicated and interpreted throughout art history:
- January 12: Christmas and Epiphany
- January 19: The Baptism of Jesus
- January 26:
- February 2:
- February 9:
- February 16:
- February 23:
- In so doing, we hope to grow in appreciation for how God’s Word is communicated to us and increase in knowledge to look critically at all media, ancient and modern, through the sole rule and norm of the Scriptures.
- Bring your own wine and cheese!
- Contact Pastor Beck with questions.
What Do We Believe Zoom link
Meeting ID: 873 7859 2147
- For those curious about what we teach and believe, or who would like a refresher.
- Luther’s Small Catechism serves as the outline for this study:
- January 12: 10 Commandments
- January 19: The Creed
- January 26: The Lord’s Prayer
- February 2: Baptism
- February 9: Confession
- February 16: Holy Communion
- February 23: Thoughts for further discussion
- Option to join Faith at end of class.
- Contact Pastor Edwards with questions.