"I have chosen you and not cast you off; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10
- The church office remains CLOSED to the congregation and public but continues to be staffed (in-person or remotely) Monday to Friday from 10 am to 2 pm. If you need to communicate with us, email is currently preferred, although you may try calling.
- Online video devotions are posted by Pastors Edwards and Beck on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays on Facebook and YouTube.
- Past sermons may be found HERE.
- Tune in to live devotions on the LCMS Facebook page every weekday at 9 a.m. (or watch them all after 9:00 a.m. from the Youtube archive here). These devotions will focus on the words of comfort and promise found in Romans, Lamentations and the four Gospels.
- Check out the myriad of worship, study, and devotional resources available at LCMS.org’s COVID-19 page.
- Download the PrayNow lectionary/devotional app (Apple | Android)
- Download the free Portals of Prayer for Times of Trouble or 40 Daily Devotions of God’s Comfort.
- Stream sacred music from Lutheran Public Radio on your computer, tablet, mobile device, smart speaker, etc.
- Purchase Lutheran Service Book for home use. Physical copies are on sale from CPH. Digital versions are also available for Kindle or Apple devices.
Care & Compassion for Our Neighbors
- We begin in prayer that the Lord of all will bring healing to those who are sick, comfort to those who mourn, and an end to the spread of this virus.
- Please keep in touch with elderly, at-risk, or isolated friends, family, and church members. If you would like to be added to an official “keep-in-touch” team or provide support with other tasks, contact Janet Hitzeman.
- Support Pantry 279 with donations of food, funds (Venmo, Paypal, or through Thrivent.com to easily receive a donation receipt), cleaning supplies, empty medium and large boxes, or by making deliveries to the homebound. Follow updates on their Facebook page.
- Consider other ways to support local aid groups/non-profits, as well as local businesses that are at economic risk.
- We serve with the love of Christ and lead with confidence in our Heavenly Father’s gracious care.
- While we live in an age of uncertainty, this much is certain: The Lord gives us our daily bread. While we may experience a time of limited gathering for public worship, the Lord has never left or forsaken you. YOU ARE HIS. It is always in thanksgiving for this reality, perceived by faith, that we give our tithes and offerings. Please read this letter from Stewardship about how you can continue to give while not attending in-person worship.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please contact the church office or one of the pastors, and we will work to support you in your time of need.
- To learn about free COVID-19 TESTING in Bloomington, view this resource issued July 17 or visit this site.
- Community resources about COVID-19 are available from the Monroe County Health Department and the Bloomington Chamber of Commerce, including state and local resources, economic assistance, HR & legal resources, government guidance, health department resources, educational institution updates, and more.
- The current and future orders can be found HERE under “Breaking News.”
- Masks are available at these locations to Monroe County residents in need.
- For mental health and wellness resources in the state of Indiana, visit bewellindiana.com.