At Faith Lutheran Church, we love to tell the story of Jesus and His love.
We offer Sunday School classes on Sunday mornings from 9:15-10:15 a.m., beginning with two-year-olds and their parents. Classes for older children are divided by grade and teach God’s word and application to life lessons, using the Bible as a guide. We praise the Lord through song and Bible study.
We encourage visitors to our Sunday School. Stop by the church office outside the sanctuary or the coffee café in the Grand Hall outside the gym at 9:15 a.m. The Sunday School Superintendent will help you and your child join a class.
Classes & Staff
|Sunday School – 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.
||(Classes meet in the Gym except as noted below.)|
|Parents & Twos (Room 4 in preschool hallway)||Meghan Faulkner, Sarah Pape|
|3 & 4-year-olds (upstairs, across from the kitchen)||Deb Hackman, Amanda & Ryan Shettlesworth|
|5-year-olds & Kindergarten||Tim Paul, Samantha Schaefer|
|Grades 1 & 2||Megan Abbott, Janet Hitzeman, Jean Scott|
|Grades 3 & 4||Tim Paul, Jean Scott|
|Grades 5 & 6||John & Kim Pitcher, Tom Waggoner|
|Junior High School (Youth Loft)||John Poage|
|High School (Youth Loft)||John Poage|
The first time you bring your child to Sunday School, please introduce yourself to the teacher so we can get to know you and involve you in what your child is learning. Each fall we’ll ask you to update the form you filled out the first year to update your contact information and share any special information you think we should know about your child. We ask for email addresses so we can notify you of special children’s events.
For more information, please call the church office at (812) 332-1668.
Jesus Company is a Christian club for kids in grades 3-6. We meet Sundays from August until Thanksgiving, and again from New Year’s until Spring Break. Check the bulletin for each week’s mystery prop, Bible Challenge, and Memory Verse. We would love to see you there!
Call, text, or email Lori Schuler (cell: 812-508-0180 firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details, to ask questions, or to register a child. It’s never too late to join!
For grades 9-12. Activities are planned each week to strengthen faith and build fellowship among students from different schools. Join our Facebook group to follow our events.
Also scroll through facebook, instagram, and the official LCMS Youth Gathering website for photos, video clips and other recaps of the 2019 NYG, which took place in Minneapolis from July 11-15. Please keep our group in your prayers, along with the 21,000 other youth and adults who attended from across the country and world, as they reflect upon their time spent time together in God’s word, worship, service, and fellowship.
Monday-Thursday, JUNE 17-20, 2019
Thank you to all who donated items for the kitchen, decorations, and service project at Spirit Camp, and to the 59+ adults and 17 Servanteens who have donated their time and energy to make Spirit Camp 2019 a success. You are all greatly appreciated!
94 children joined us for the week focused on John 3:16, that God so loved the world, that He sent His Son on a Miraculous Mission to save us.
Operation Christmas Child
This is our 25th year of filling shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, a project of international Christian relief and evangelism organization Samaritan’s Purse. This unique project sends a message of hope to children in desperate situations around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes, while focusing on the true meaning of Christmas— Jesus Christ, God’s greatest gift.
With an average of 80 shoeboxes each year, that equals 2,000 shoeboxes over these 25 years, lovingly filled by our Spirit Campers and delivered to children and families throughout the world. Because most boxes are shared among families Operation Christmas Child estimates that at least 12,000 individuals have been touched by our gifts to date.
Donations to help with the shipping costs of this year’s boxes ($9/box) are still being accepted. Contact Diane Wilkinson with questions.
Please pray for the families and children who will receive this year’s boxes.
Sunday Morning Bible Classes
9:15 – 10:15 am | Every Sunday
A variety of Sunday morning studies focusing on books of the Bible, Biblical themes and other issues of faith are available throughout the year.
- History of the Liturgy: Join us as we watch a DVD series narrated by Dr. Arthur Just, with discussion led by both pastors. (June 16-September 1 in classrooms A & B)
Upcoming Classes – beginning September 8
- What Do We Believe?: This class is offered to individuals who wish to learn more about the Christian faith and, in particular, the Lutheran Church. This class also prepares adults for membership in the Lutheran Church, if they so desire.Please consider inviting a friend and join them for the 10 weeks of this class as we make discoveries about the abundant life God has for us in His Son, Jesus Christ. Come prepared to ask questions and learn as we study God’s amazing Word, the Bible. (September 8-November 10 in the Grand Hall)
- Noah: The Man, The Ark, The Flood: This 4-week video series was produced by Lutheran Hour Ministries. Filmed on location mainly at the Creation Museum, host Rev. Kurt Klaus addresses and examines numerous related topics and questions, and includes specialist commentary. (September 8-29 in Classrooms A – C) Following this will be a nine-week video series, Saved By Grace (now what?), on Lutheran Spirituality. (October 6 – December 1 in Classrooms A-C)
- Effective Parenting in a Defective World: This video-based Bible class will have four topics of focus, each to be addressed in two sessions, for a total of eight sessions. (September 8-October 27 in the Grand Hall)
- How to Raise Positive Kids In a Negative World
- How to Develop Your Child’s Full Potential
- How to Prepare Your Kids to Win Life’s Biggest Battles
- How to Discipline Your Child Effectively
Men’s Bible Study / Women’s Bible Study
Wednesdays 10:00 am | Both classes resume August 14.
Thursday Evening Bible Studies
Lutheran Men’s Gemütlichkeit
1st & 3rd Thursdays | 5:15 pm
Just getting off work? Grab a beverage and join in a time of fellowship with men of Faith and ULu. This group will alternate with the Thursday evening Bible studies held at church (see below).
Locations vary. Watch the calendar and bulletin announcements for details as each date approaches. For more information please call or text Andrew Rusch at 765-860-7210.
What does God say about…?
2nd & 4th Thursdays | 7 pm
Perhaps you or someone you know has asked the question, “What does God say about…?” (fill in the blank). It could be something in the sciences… evolution, age of the earth, genetic engineering, in vitro fertilization, global warming. Maybe it was something political like the role of government and the church, or Christian responsibilities and freedoms in the civil realm. If you have ever asked these questions, then this study is for you. The pastors of Faith will once again be taking your questions and leading topical studies through God’s Word to discover what it is that God says on a given subject.
In order to prepare for these studies, we need to hear from you. Let us know what you would like to explore. Fill out a form from the Adult Education bulletin board and return it to the church office, or email Pastor Edwards or Pastor Beck. Watch the calendar and bulletin announcements for topics as each date approaches.